Happy MBP owner

batbat
Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Got my new MBP last week. Just wanted to post a happy experience. Bought it from MacMall, got a good price ($2099) delivered. It's a 17" 2.33GHz 2GB 160GB model (last gen.). It shipped with the Leopard upgrade disk AND the iLife '08 disk. I couldn't be happier with the machine or MacMall. I bought it on a Friday and it arrived the next Wednesday. Zero problems. Awating my two rebates - one for $150 for the MBP and one for shipping. I upgraded from a 14" G4 iBook, which I loved, but this thing is from another universe altogether.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,326moderator
    Good to hear you had a nice experience. It makes a change from hearing people complaining.

I imagine you'd notice quite a difference jumping from a G4 ibook to a 17" MBP.

One thing that always strikes me as really odd coming from the UK is this whole rebate idea. You buy a machine and then mail something back to get a refund. Why don't they just give you the refund in the first place? i.e charge you less for the machine.

Also are rebates only available on special deals? I seem to hear about them all the time.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    batbat Posts: 47member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

Good to hear you had a nice experience. It makes a change from hearing people complaining.

I imagine you'd notice quite a difference jumping from a G4 ibook to a 17" MBP.

One thing that always strikes me as really odd coming from the UK is this whole rebate idea. You buy a machine and then mail something back to get a refund. Why don't they just give you the refund in the first place? i.e charge you less for the machine.

Also are rebates only available on special deals? I seem to hear about them all the time.

Yeah, I hate rebates - they SHOULD just charge you less - but after waiting a few months for Leopard, and then reading all the speculation about a new MBP in January, and then looking at every purchasing option and price, and even asking the Apple online store for a price reduction on a refurb, I decided to go with the rebate. MacMall's price and six-month interest-free credit card deal and no tax or shipping charges convinced me to jump off the fence. And I'm happy I did.