Anxiety App 1.0 rocks! And it's "Free!!!"

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Don't walk to get this app, RUN!!!

I'm gonna give this the usual weeks trial that I like to do, but dare I say it; It's the best piece of donation/freeware I've seen in a long, long time.

Model Concept are on my radar. Pure quality!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 19
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

I'm gonna give this the usual weeks trial that I like to do, but dare I say it; It's the best piece of donation/freeware I've seen in a long, long time.

Unfortunately it is Leopard-only, something I discovered only after downloading and installing on Tiger and it refusing to run
  • Reply 2 of 19
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tilt View Post

Unfortunately it is Leopard-only, something I discovered only after downloading and installing on Tiger and it refusing to run

Ha ha, sucker!
  • Reply 3 of 19
    Thanks for the tip! This is just what I needed, simple and very practical!
  • Reply 4 of 19
    Totally agree dutch.
  • Reply 5 of 19
    Quote:

Looks awesome! Thanks for the 411.
  • Reply 6 of 19
    Quote:

Didn't you bother to read the System Requirements on the front page?
  • Reply 7 of 19
    tilttilt Posts: 396member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdriftmeyer View Post

Didn't you bother to read the System Requirements on the front page?

Obviously not. I am blessed with 20-20 hindsight.

Cheers
  • Reply 8 of 19
    Sent developer a thank you note, and some feedback. Received a helpful reply.

Sent him more feedback. I believe most folks would rather one list of to-dos for both "work" and "home". Which you can set, but they aren't labelled.

Something like this:

I also think the to-dos should be editable within the app itself. Double-click a particular task, and the dialog should flip back out again, as if you didn't click "Add" yet. So one could then change its category on the fly, or edit its text. Right-click to view in iCal or Mail.
  • Reply 9 of 19
    What is this app? It tripped the corporate filter and got me a naasty-gram. opps....
  • Reply 10 of 19
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mowenbrown View Post

What is this app? It tripped the corporate filter and got me a naasty-gram. opps....

Its name says it all.
  • Reply 11 of 19
    Quote:

I think we are going to see a lot more Leopard-only apps start to appear, especially if they are new applications. Delicious Library 2.0 is supposed to be Leopard only, but I have not seen any mention of it. They are probably waiting for MacWorld so they can demo it to the attendees.
  • Reply 12 of 19
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts View Post

I think we are going to see a lot more Leopard-only apps start to appear, especially if they are new applications. Delicious Library 2.0 is supposed to be Leopard only, but I have not seen any mention of it. They are probably waiting for MacWorld so they can demo it to the attendees.

Yes. Leopard only apps will be coming in droves. Leopard may not have enough shiny features the go bleep and bloop for some people but the core of the OS has significant changes that really make supporting them a no brainer. I'm already enjoying many of them (Bento and it's easy access of my Addressbook and iCal data)

I'm looking forward to DL 2.0 and Texmate 2.0 which both are Leopard only.

I haven't checked out FlySketch but that'll be Leopard only in it's 2.0 incarnation. Anxiety is clearly a Leopard only app because To Dos are not systemwide in Tiger and Tiger doesn't have Calendar Store API. I've been screaming over and over about how important Calendar Store is to applications that need iCal read/write access. I realized the importance right now.

Frankly I say most developers which legacy apps should maintain a Tiger build another year and then move to Leopard only. MWSF 2009 is going to be about cool hardware and more discussion about 10.6. ..if someone is still on Tiger...lord help them.
  • Reply 13 of 19
    gongon Posts: 2,437member
    Lately I have had one transparent Stickie for urgent things to remember, and I have stored a more extensive to-do in OmniOutliner for years.

Anxiety looks nice and polished, and you can't argue with free. I guess I can replace the Stickie with it, but I'm not sure how it's a real improvement. I think it would be a lot better if you could delete a todo right in Anxiety without going to Mail or iCal.

Other news on this front: Omni is running a *huge* pre-release offer for OmniFocus, -50% off. Further discount for OO3 Pro owners. I'm buying for sure.
  • Reply 14 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gon View Post

Lately I have had one transparent Stickie for urgent things to remember, and I have stored a more extensive to-do in OmniOutliner for years.

Anxiety looks nice and polished, and you can't argue with free. I guess I can replace the Stickie with it, but I'm not sure how it's a real improvement. I think it would be a lot better if you could delete a todo right in Anxiety without going to Mail or iCal.

If you check it off it disappears.
  • Reply 15 of 19
    Quote:

If you check it off it disappears.

It remains in the system database and shows up in Mail/iCal though. Anxiety only displays non-checked todos.
  • Reply 16 of 19
    Quote:

It remains in the system database and shows up in Mail/iCal though. Anxiety only displays non-checked todos.

Oh I get you. Yeah that's annoying. Feed it back to Tom, he actually listens.

Tell him; "When I check them off, I want them to be gone from existence - from Anxiety, Mail and iCal." I'll tell him too. Just like iTunes playlists, you want them to be "almost" too easy to get rid of them from every place they reside in. One check and they disappear forever.
  • Reply 17 of 19
    Quote:

Other news on this front: Omni is running a *huge* pre-release offer for OmniFocus, -50% off. Further discount for OO3 Pro owners. I'm buying for sure.

Well, OmniFocus is Leopard-only, and OmniGraffle 5.0, currently Beta 2, is Leopard-only, so I have a feeling the next major versions of all their applications will be Leopard-only.
  • Reply 18 of 19
    Quote:

Tell him; "When I check them off, I want them to be gone from existence - from Anxiety, Mail and iCal." I'll tell him too. Just like iTunes playlists, you want them to be "almost" too easy to get rid of them from every place they reside in. One check and they disappear forever.

But I don't really want that. Checking something generally means it's "done". Deleting it means it's no longer relevant or needed.

I'd probably feel most comfortable if checking just checked the to-do item, and you'd have a simple menu setting / preference for whether you want to also see checked items in Anxiety.

Add a simple, separate delete (by selection and delete/backspace), and there would be no reason to open Mail/iCal just because you use Anxiety.

Then again, the workflows intended by the developer are probably not the same I use with the Stickie...
  • Reply 19 of 19
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by troberts View Post

Well, OmniFocus is Leopard-only, and OmniGraffle 5.0, currently Beta 2, is Leopard-only, so I have a feeling the next major versions of all their applications will be Leopard-only.

Yes, that is a fair assumption.

I only wish they'd come up with a pre-release offer for OG5 in addition to OF. There's little sense in paying for OG4 unless you *need* it right away, considering OG5 is already in Beta 2.