Questions About Ringtone Software for iPhone

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I am thinking of purchasing a ringtone program to allow me to use a standard ring (such as Motorola's Continental). I'm growing annoyed that Apple has yet to release better ringtones besides the Old Ring style ring.

Will using programs such as iToner cause my phone to be bricked when I upgrade the firmware? Is iToner even considered a hack?

Does anyone have any experience with it that you can share?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    The new garageband update released yesterday lets you create ringtones now and send to iTunes. So whatever you can find and load in GB you should be able to make it a ringtone.

Enjoy!
  • Reply 2 of 6
    drnatdrnat Posts: 142member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Outsider View Post

The new garageband update released yesterday lets you create ringtones now and send to iTunes. So whatever you can find and load in GB you should be able to make it a ringtone.

Enjoy!

True, you can drag & drop a song from iTunes, create a < 40 second loop & then export as a ringtone - very cool!!
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Try the following for putting ringtones in your phone (3 song trial)

http://www.efksoft.com/products/ipho...aker/index.htm
  • Reply 4 of 6
    So assumedly if you can drag and drop it into iTunes, you can do it with a stock iPhone that isn't modified in any way, correct?
  • Reply 5 of 6
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Alternatively, just rename the file extension of any mp4 audio file under 40 seconds to ".m4r", and drop it onto iTunes. Bingo - instant ringtone!
  • Reply 6 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Puck View Post

So assumedly if you can drag and drop it into iTunes, you can do it with a stock iPhone that isn't modified in any way, correct?

yes. i've done a few ringtones already in garageband and they're on my locked iphone right now.