Macbook Pricing

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Hi folks. Seems like every day I get an emial from some company having a sale on Macbooks.

The last one was from MacMall, and boy they had some great prices.

The 17" Macbook Pro after rebates and such for $2099.00? That may have been a 24 hour sales, as I just checked and they are now $2200.00.

Are these folks any good? Is there a better place to buy one?

15" or 17"?

Price wise from these guys - the 17" is a better buy.

Which screen if it maters?

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 6
    batbat Posts: 47member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

Hi folks. Seems like every day I get an emial from some company having a sale on Macbooks.

The 17" Macbook Pro after rebates and such for $2099.00? That may have been a 24 hour sales, as I just checked and they are now $2200.00.

15" or 17"?

Skip

I just bought that 17" MBP from MacMall (deliverd 12/5). It's fantastic, and comes with two DVDs: Leopard and iLife '08. Everything went fine, the machine is the best I've ever owned, but don't expect much from their Customer Service. You absolutely cannot get answers from them. They don't return emails and I've dealt with three non-english speakers on the phone. From what I could understand, they have no answers, either. HOWEVER, everything promised has (so far) come true. I got what they advertised and it arrived in five days. So far, though, only the smallest of the two rebates has been posted on their site, although I'm assuming the other one will show up eventually. I also signed on for the six-month no interest card. Buying from them should be OK.
  • Reply 2 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bat View Post

I just bought that 17" MBP from MacMall (deliverd 12/5). It's fantastic, and comes with two DVDs: Leopard and iLife '08. Everything went fine, the machine is the best I've ever owned, but don't expect much from their Customer Service. You absolutely cannot get answers from them. They don't return emails and I've dealt with three non-english speakers on the phone. From what I could understand, they have no answers, either. HOWEVER, everything promised has (so far) come true. I got what they advertised and it arrived in five days. So far, though, only the smallest of the two rebates has been posted on their site, although I'm assuming the other one will show up eventually. I also signed on for the six-month no interest card. Buying from them should be OK.

Oh - and get the glossy. Ignore the people who complain about glare - I haven't had an issue. And get the 17".
  • Reply 3 of 6
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ncee View Post

15" or 17"?

Skip

It's been a week . . . what did you decide? Last time I looked the 17" was down to $1999.
  • Reply 4 of 6
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:

It's been a week . . . what did you decide? Last time I looked the 17" was down to $1999.

I just ordered the 17" Glossy

Skip
  • Reply 5 of 6
    Excellent! You won't be disappointed.
  • Reply 6 of 6
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:

Excellent! You won't be disappointed.

Let's hope not

I never thought I'd be saying "I hope the screen isn't to small" (but then again, I never thought I'd have a 30" monitor on my desktop ether

Skip