iPod Touch Batter Problem

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
Hi. I just bought an ipod touch, and i charged it to full battery, then turned it off and left it overnight.

The way i turned it off was holding the sleep/wake button, then sliding the red slider to turn it off.

I don't know if it completely turned off or not, because the next day when i checked the ipod, the battery life was drastically reduced to 10 % and it was in need of charging. It had a little bit of red left in the battery container pic.

If there is something i did wrong to trun it off completely, i would really appreciate it if someonee can help. THANK YOU>

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    It happens to me too whenever I hold in the button and use the red slider, must use a lot of battery when it boots back up.

Most times I only ever press pause and click the sleep/wake button to turn off the screen, it just puts the iPod to sleep and uses almost no battery.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ivan P View Post

It happens to me too whenever I hold in the button and use the red slider, must use a lot of battery when it boots back up.

Most times I only ever press pause and click the sleep/wake button to turn off the screen, it just puts the iPod to sleep and uses almost no battery.

Hi and ty for the reply. I've been seeing alot of that around, where people are saying to simply put it to sleep instead of turning it off.. but is that really the case? Because i'm sure apple didnt design the touch to be fully charged, and if turned off, it loses almost all its battery overnight.. it doesnt sound too correct.. i was wondering if there was another way to completely turn it off or if there is something im not doing... ty for the reply again