Final Cut Pro 4.5 won't work on new MacBook Pro

Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
I just received a new MacBook Pro for Christmas (very excited) and I had the Apple Production Suite for my old PowerBook G4. I just got finished installing Final Cut Pro 4.5 on the new MacBook Pro and now it will not work. When I try to open the application a message pops up on the screen reading:

"Configuration error

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

-AGP Graphics Card"

Now if I'm not mistaken the older version of Final Cut Pro is supposed to work with the new MacBook Pros even though their internals are different. If I'm wrong, then I have a bit of a problem. Have any of you had this problem or similar ones? I'm just wondering what I can do to fix it, any help would be greatly appreciated! I should also note that LiveType and Soundtrack are working fine, it's just Final Cut Pro.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    MarvinMarvin Posts: 15,310moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cusson View Post

"Configuration error

This software requires certain hardware or software which is missing.

-AGP Graphics Card"

You need to open the application bundle by right-clicking the Final Cut app and choose show package contents. Then there is a file called info.plist which lists a set of minimum requirements. One of those is to check for an AGP card. Just delete the entry:

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...70327091903307

But I'd try to upgrade to a universal binary if possible (5.x+), it will be much quicker to launch and use.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marvin View Post

You need to open the application bundle by right-clicking the Final Cut app and choose show package contents. Then there is a file called info.plist which lists a set of minimum requirements. One of those is to check for an AGP card. Just delete the entry:

http://www.macfixit.com/article.php?...70327091903307

But I'd try to upgrade to a universal binary if possible (5.x+), it will be much quicker to launch and use.

Thanks man, I really appreciate the help!