Need Any Advice On Buying New Laptop

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I Am Interested In Buying A New Laptop In Next Few Weeks. I Currently Have A G4 Cube That Is About 6yrs Old. I Will Mainly Be Using New Lt For Surfing, Shopping But Mostly For Downloading Pic's & Making Home Video's Of New Baby In Family & Lots Of Copies.. I'm Confused As To Which Model Will Be Powerful Enough To Handle Weekly Pic's But Not Going Overboard. I Was Thinking Of The 13' Black Model With Updated Hd & Memory; Also, I Already Have A 17" Studio Display Screen----can I Hook Up New Lt To This, Or Do I Need To Purchase Cinema Display Screen? My Computer Background Is Very Basic So Any Good Advice Would Be Very Appreciated!!

Ty & Happy New Year!!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    the normal Macbook is rally all you need, and the SD should have no problem with the macbook with the right adapter.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    You'll need two adapters for the Studio Display, the Apple Mini-DVI-to-DVI adapter, and from that, the Apple DVI-to-ADC adapter, which is quite expensive. Personally, I'd recommend a new display, 19" widescreens are coming way down in price. The Studio would make a decent eBay sale or a good gift to someone with a PowerMac G4 or G5.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    batbat Posts: 47member
    Wow. When did they come out with that thirteen-foot Blackbook?
  • Reply 4 of 4
    That's the new iMonstrosity. Not only does it have a 156" LCD TV built in, but it also provides hours (and hours, and hours) of fun as you type on the internet by jumping on individual keys.