Streaming Audio to an iPod Touch

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I just bought an iPod Touch with the intent of placing it in my speaker dock and listening to NPR's stream. Unfortunately, NPR uses Flash, so this doesn't work. However, there are plenty of stations that offer live streams in other formats. Is there any way to listen to them with my iPod? On my laptop, the MP3 stream plays in Safari, but with the touch, I receive the message that it cannot download the file.

Also, I know no one knows for sure, but are there any strong indications when the ability to use Flash will be added to the iPod Touch?

Thanks.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nobody Special View Post

I just bought an iPod Touch with the intent of placing it in my speaker dock and listening to NPR's stream. Unfortunately, NPR uses Flash, so this doesn't work. However, there are plenty of stations that offer live streams in other formats. Is there any way to listen to them with my iPod? On my laptop, the MP3 stream plays in Safari, but with the touch, I receive the message that it cannot download the file.

Also, I know no one knows for sure, but are there any strong indications when the ability to use Flash will be added to the iPod Touch?

Thanks.

the ability to stream is easy, use orb,,, or even vnsea and you can mimic desktop sharing.......

I have a question to post though,, and im wondering why no one ash done this,,,, why dont we have a dock connected vido camera with a mic,, and an ichat application for ipod touch?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dragonflii View Post

the ability to stream is easy, use orb,,, or even vnsea and you can mimic desktop sharing.......

I have a question to post though,, and im wondering why no one ash done this,,,, why dont we have a dock connected vido camera with a mic,, and an ichat application for ipod touch?

Thanks for the reply, but I need to stream audio without any other computers involved.