Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
http://www.macrumors.com/2007/12/31/...ouch-trackpad/

something is better than nothing ....

oho yeah happy new year every one

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    wizard69wizard69 Posts: 13,377member
    Really interesting even if I currently think I'm out of the notebook market. I'm still hoping for a tablet of some sort. Apple might be able to change my mind in this respect if the new machine is really tiny, like pocketable, but I think I will hold out for a tablet.

In any event looks like we have 15 days of wild ass rumors, comments and speculation ahead of us.

Dave
  • Reply 2 of 2
    @homenow@homenow Posts: 998member
    I'm with Wizard. If I were in the market for a laptop Apple's current systems would fit my needs. Beyond that a Tablet similar to the ModBook but with a lower price would tempt me but not a sub-notebook. One problem that I see is that I would want it with pen based screen for accuracy. It could have the multi-touch as well, which I'm sure Apple would include, but I think that a pen makes it a more usable system for actually getting work done.

I think, or at least hope, that more exciting news is on the way than a simple notebook. Signs point to new movie download options as well as upgrades. I remember reading that close captioning support was added but no updates have come to AppleTV software or the downloads from iTMS. Hints at rentals are about as confirmed as they can be. This leaves support for 5.1 surround about the only thing lacking for video on the AppleTV. If these things come about and the content is upgraded to 720p, which is already supported and long overdue, then the AppleTV will gain a much broader appeal. It would be even better if they added access to more online video content than just YouTube as well.

Bottom line is that I would not be surprised at all to see an updated AppleTV, both software and hardware, as well as new content and browsing for content from your living room couch. If they have made a partnership with fox then they are going to want to get it out in the media in as big a way as possible to try to seal the thunder again from that other computer oriented show this month.