How Long Does It Take Now To Activate

whmwhm
Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I have had my iphone since the first day and still not having any trouble at all.... all that I expected and more. My phone has not been hacked and glad I waited for the ring tones from iTune. Because of my satisfaction a good friend of mine just ordered one for he and his wife and will be arriving today. Mine was a simple start up because I was a Cingular customer at the time. He will be moving from Verizon to A.T.&T. now and he was asking me how long has it been taking to get it activated. Earlier I read some post that it was taking a usually long time but after 6 months I assume that has changed

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    jupiteronejupiterone Posts: 1,564member
    Last weekend, I watched a friend as he activated his iPhone.....as well as port his Sprint number over to AT&T. From the time he plugged his phone into iTunes to when was able to make a call was about 10 minutes.

Mine took 48 hours on day 1.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    I'm an existing AT&T customer and it took about 5-6 minutes. Not bad at all.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Mine took less than 5 minutes on launch day, at 6:15 pm. I know no one will believe me.

My fiancee got one recently and it took about as long.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    chrisgchrisg Posts: 239member
    Mine, 2 weeks in took about 10 minutes to make calls and then 2 days for my incoming calls to stop going to my old verizon phone. A helped a friend activate hers and it took about 10 minutes from start to finish with calls working both directions, I was shocked.