Mail won't open when I click icon and freezes instead of closing

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I have Leopard and I attempted to install the "Widescreen Mail Plug-In" because I liked that feel a little more. When I did that, I reopened mail and the window didn't open. Now every time I want to see the mail, I have to click on the icon on the dock then go to "Message Viewer" in the Window menu. Also, every time I quit, I have to force quit it because it will not quit on its own accord.

I tried using Pacifist and reinstalled mail.app and it did nothing. Any ideas short of a fresh install? Thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LaEsperanza View Post

I have Leopard and I attempted to install the "Widescreen Mail Plug-In" because I liked that feel a little more. When I did that, I reopened mail and the window didn't open. Now every time I want to see the mail, I have to click on the icon on the dock then go to "Message Viewer" in the Window menu. Also, every time I quit, I have to force quit it because it will not quit on its own accord.

I tried using Pacifist and reinstalled mail.app and it did nothing. Any ideas short of a fresh install? Thanks

Might try to trash the user pref's, log out and log in, see what happens
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Got it. I found out that MailBadger was causing the problem. I thought I had deleted it when I upgraded, but I hadn't. Should've taken care of this last month when it all started happening, but I just dealt with Entourage.