The European Connection

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
What is the European connection with this year's keynote?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/i...m?NewsID=20068

Any really big announcement like iPhone would be done in country, so this is likely product based... ?

Why haven't the Japanese media been invited?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

What is the European connection with this year's keynote?

http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/i...m?NewsID=20068

Any really big announcement like iPhone would be done in country, so this is likely product based... ?

Why haven't the Japanese media been invited?

This is not the first time Apple invites European media for the keynote. Why not Japanese? Time difference, and less interest from the Japanese media.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Yes, but they don't invite the Europeans every time... what was introduced the last time... can't recall...

I live in Japan and will be awake for the keynote and active on chat. It is a pity that Apple has not tried to make inroads into this huge market, but they are not operating on the right level and... well, the problems with Apple in Japan are many. Just heard that the huge chain store in town (and across the country) is considering dropping Apple products in the near future because of support issues (read: lack of quality support and multiple customer complaints to that effect) and buggy issues that shouldn't happen and makes it hard to sell Apple products. Hope it ain't true because I like going down there from time to time to play on their 30" ACD.

The announcement I would most like to hear Steve make is that they are investing in better quality control and support, especially in their overseas markets including Japan, where both suck, big-time (personal experience; do not get me started down that road just before MWSF). That would be worthy of inviting world-wide media coverage.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    The Keynote starts at a pleasant 2:00am Japan time, which means no sleep for me.

Fortunately, there are some other AI members who live on this side of the planet as well, so I don't feel completely alone.