Apple stock is looking for something new ?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Sure looks like folks who own Apple stock, were hoping for more as well.

If it keeps this up, my guess is Steve and crew will announce something new sooner then later.

- NEW monitors

- NEW software

- NEW MacBook's / Pro's

- NEW 3G iPhone

- NEW iMac's

It will be interesting to see how much the stock can slip, before Aple tries to stop the slid by being something to the table.

Skip

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    shadowshadow Posts: 373member
    I don't believe Steve is really worried about the stock.

He knows:
    1. What to expect when the first quarter results are announced next week.

2. What other products are in the pipeline.

And he will wait for the customer response to the new announcement before being really worried.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    nceencee Posts: 857member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by shadow View Post

I don't believe Steve is really worried about the stock.

He knows:
    1. What to expect when the first quarter results are announced next week.

2. What other products are in the pipeline.

And he will wait for the customer response to the new announcement before being really worried.

True enough, but the stock holders don't know what's in the pipeline, or the first quarter results yet. And public preception is VERY important to Steve and the rest of the folks at Apple.

Much of what was announced yesterday, won't start showing up on the books for a few weeks at best - so that is important as well.

And unlike the iPod, they didn't announce anything that the masses will be running out to buy, and the masses is where the money is ? IMHO

Now the stock market is down in general as well ?

Skip
  • Reply 3 of 3
    hmurchisonhmurchison Posts: 12,425member
    I don't think the stock has much to do with postive/negative reactions. People often sell on good news ..buy on bad news.

I think it's more of a decline across the board in Tech stocks. You can't win over Wall Street by parading out products unless these products translate into good revenue/profit generators.