Trouble Connecting to Network

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi all.

Last night, my wife's powerbook suddenly stopped connecting to our network. I've deleted prefs for airport. I've zapped PRAM. I've re-seated the card. Nothing helps. It sees the network and tries to connect but fails. My powerbook and our iMac connect wirelessly just fine.

I've actually had this problem before with my powerbook, but it usually went away.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

Hi all.

Last night, my wife's powerbook suddenly stopped connecting to our network. I've deleted prefs for airport. I've zapped PRAM. I've re-seated the card. Nothing helps. It sees the network and tries to connect but fails. My powerbook and our iMac connect wirelessly just fine.

I've actually had this problem before with my powerbook, but it usually went away.

Any ideas?

Can you see any other wireless networks in the area or when you bring it places?

Are you using Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2? I would turn off all security and let it wide open and work your way backwards. Should give you and idea where your problem is. Could just be an hardware/antenna issue.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by trailmaster308 View Post

Can you see any other wireless networks in the area or when you bring it places?

Are you using Open, WEP, WPA, WPA2? I would turn off all security and let it wide open and work your way backwards. Should give you and idea where your problem is. Could just be an hardware/antenna issue.

Turns out I just needed to restart my router. It was pretty weird, though, considering that my PB would connect fine until I put it to sleep and woke it back up.