International formats preference panel

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Since Tiger the International panel lost its customise button for the number format. In Tiger I could solve this by installing the preference pane from Panther, which worked there.

Now on Leopard on an Intel mac, I am without ANY solution!

Many applications derive their formats from the international panel, as they should. Excel and Eudora get their formats for date, time, number and the list of full names of the days of the week and the months of the year.

There is NO combination of the other parts of the International panel that will give me the correct formats I need: I want ISO dates, English month and day names, metric units, Euros as the currency with 1'234.56 as the number format.

Is there any file in the system I can edit while waiting for Apple to bring that customisation button back?

Robert.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    You mean the formats button in the International panel?
  • Reply 2 of 2
    drboardrboar Posts: 477member
    In previous version OS 7-8-9 and 10.0 to 10.3 (or was it 10.2) These things were more flexible. In my native country we use "," as decimal. Previously I could keep my national settings and pick "." as decimal a practical way to keep compability with the US/UK standard and still keep my natiive keyboard setting.

I am sure that there a solution logging in as sudo in the CLI using unix commands. But if that is all I want I could run NetBSD on any generic Intel/AMDbox