Leopard and Fink

pbpb
Posted:
in Mac Software edited January 2014
Well, title says it. Can anyone explain how well at this point plays Fink with Leopard? Is Apple's X11 compatible with Fink? There were apparently some problems, but it is not clear to me if this concerns the Apple implementation of X11 and at which point are we now.

I noticed also that there is another similar project, Macports. Anyone with experience with this?

Thanks everyone for input.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post

Well, title says it. Can anyone explain how well at this point plays Fink with Leopard? Is Apple's X11 compatible with Fink? There were apparently some problems, but it is not clear to me if this concerns the Apple implementation of X11 and at which point are we now.

I noticed also that there is another similar project, Macports. Anyone with experience with this?

Thanks everyone for input.

This isn't going to be the end-all response you're looking for, but I can at least offer you something. I recently installed/compiled fink on my computer using Leopard. If I remember correctly, I installed rsync successfully, so I'm pretty sure it works. Here's a screenshot of me running it to see if I need to update anything. I haven't done much with this, so I'm not sure if I can really answer your questions. Hope that helps!