iPhone in Canada

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
When?

Is Apple still fighting with that Canadian company who has had their own product called iPhone for many years?

If and when it does come to Canada do you think it will be Rogers or Telus? At first everyone was saying Rogers but I think it would more likely be Telus wouldn't it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    read this thread:

http://forums.appleinsider.com/showthread.php?t=74510

the iPhone isn't coming to Canada anytime soon, if at all. too many factors (high cost of data, 'iphone' trademark suit, rogers wireless already has a music store, etc.)
  • Reply 2 of 4
    The main reason is simple: Rogers Wireless is one of the worst telecoms in the developed world.

However, Bell Canada has recently introduced a $7 data plan the rumour is that Rogers will follow suit to compete and so they can get the iPhone.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Electric Monk View Post

The main reason is simple: Rogers Wireless is one of the worst telecoms in the developed world.

However, Bell Canada has recently introduced a $7 data plan the rumour is that Rogers will follow suit to compete and so they can get the iPhone.

$7 for how much data? 1 mb?! Currently on Bell's website the best 'deal' i can find is their 'Email and Internet: Windows® / Palm® 15' plan which includes 2mb of data for $15. Woohoo!!!

I'm so bloody frustrated with this situation but there are no alternatives. Petitions and letters are great but in reality they're doing nothing to stop the telecom monopoly here in Canada. Basically we just have to sit here and suffer until some other outside company decides to provide some real competition.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    HTC Touch only, it appears.

No tethering, and of course it's "unlimited" not unlimited, but good nonetheless. I don't know if Bell has expanded this beyond the HTC Touch, but I imagine that they have/will.