iTunes store ripped me off

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I just went to buy a song on iTunes (using credit from an iTunes card my GF gave me). At first I had $14.01. I tried to buy a song and it asked me to agree to new terms and conditions. I read them over, accepted them, and then it said "thank you. you may now try your purchase again." BUT, it had already taken 99 cents off my credit and had NOT downloaded the song. When I downloaded it again, iTunes took ANOTHER 99 cents off my credit. How do I report this to apple and get my credit back???

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by unixguru View Post

I just went to buy a song on iTunes (using credit from an iTunes card my GF gave me). At first I had $14.01. I tried to buy a song and it asked me to agree to new terms and conditions. I read them over, accepted them, and then it said "thank you. you may now try your purchase again." BUT, it had already taken 99 cents off my credit and had NOT downloaded the song. When I downloaded it again, iTunes took ANOTHER 99 cents off my credit. How do I report this to apple and get my credit back???

Go to the iTunes Store, at the bottom of the page is a link called purchase history. This has a further link "Report a problem". When I had a problem a few months ago with a faulty download they resolved my problem very efficiently!
  • Reply 2 of 5
    dfilerdfiler Posts: 3,420member
    Contact apple instead of us. Problem soved.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    emaneman Posts: 7,204member
    the same exact thing happened to me too...
  • Reply 4 of 5
    All right. I reported it. We'll see what happens.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    iTunes have been pretty good for me in the past and have credited me after any FUs

May take a couple of days for them to respond though