Rage Pro extension in 10.1.3

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
The Rage Pro extension in 10.1.2 was r1.1.1, 204 kB, (modified 12/7/01).

The Rage Pro extension in 10.1.3 is r1.1.5, 212 kB, (modified 2/14/02).

The XML version is still 1.0. The plist version is still 0.9. (Those versions from looking at files inside the .kext.)

So, has anyone noticed any difference? Even people who don't have machines using Rage Pro graphics are still interested in this issue.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    applenutapplenut Posts: 5,768member
    [quote]Originally posted by Skipjack:

<strong>The Rage Pro extension in 10.1.2 was r1.1.1, 204 kB, (modified 12/7/01).

The Rage Pro extension in 10.1.3 is r1.1.5, 212 kB, (modified 2/14/02).

The XML version is still 1.0. The plist version is still 0.9. (Those versions from looking at files inside the .kext.)

So, has anyone noticed any difference? Even people who don't have machines using Rage Pro graphics are still interested in this issue.</strong><hr></blockquote>

it's not exactly the extension rage pro users are looking for. rage pro owners want an opengl and qt acceleration driver.

the one in OS X doesn't address either of those, in fact what does it address? doesn't seem to do much for 2d
  • Reply 2 of 3
    An update to the Rage Pro extension???? AWESOME! Hopefully this will fix all the bugs with games I've been having and allow me to actually play hardware accelerated games in X! I'll let you know when I get some time to try it!
  • Reply 3 of 3
    No it wont. I'd bet that this is only done for the kernal update.