vista learning curve steeper than we thought

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I cribbed this from Jon Gruber over at Daring Fireball, but it's just too funny to pass up.

Behold: the MS help page for opening the box Vista comes in.

Perfect.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    midwintermidwinter Posts: 10,060member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by addabox View Post

I cribbed this from Jon Gruber over at Daring Fireball, but it's just too funny to pass up.

Behold: the MS help page for opening the box Vista comes in.

Perfect.

This is, of course, reminiscent of the days when the Windows catch-22 abounded: need a driver for your modem? go online and download it, then install it so you can get online.

My favorite was the CD driver that CAME ON A CD.

And so it is hardly necessary to point out that there is a situation imaginable in which you would need to open the box to get to the website that helps you open the box.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by midwinter View Post

This is, of course, reminiscent of the days when the Windows catch-22 abounded: need a driver for your modem? go online and download it, then install it so you can get online.

My favorite was the CD driver that CAME ON A CD.

And so it is hardly necessary to point out that there is a situation imaginable in which you would need to open the box to get to the website that helps you open the box.

All this must be coming out of Microsoft's little know Recursive Loops division, and is designed to weed out the robots among us: "Must open box to learn how to open box to learn how to open box to learn how to zztttttttt warning gkungagungagkunga pop pop", smoke out of the ears another threat from the metal ones neutralized.

Ironic. One of the few good things MS has done, yet they must keep it secret.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    P.S.: are you fired up for Lost, tonight, or have you drifted away? As it were.