trouble booting into os x 10.4.8

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hello and HELP,

i am having trouble booting into os x tiger 10.4.8, i have not recently dl'ed any updates or installed any new software.

i am running bootcamp beta and have no trouble logging onto my ms partion (thats how i am typing this). i can access the install CD and have run disk utility it is saying there is nothing wrong with the disk or the permissions.

i cant seem to log on using the safe boot, or open up the fsyk (or what ever it is called).

please help. i dont like using my ms partion.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    The Bootcamp beta expired on Dec. 31. Systems that didn't have the newest 10.4.11 installed to disable it hosed the system.

You are hosed. Install to an external HD or do a image of the OS X partition only. Wipe the whole drive, do 2 partitions, 1 for OS X, 1 for XP. Only bad part is you will need the WIn drivers, so I hope you have the disk or folder saved still somewhere or find the msi file somewhere.

You don't really need bootcamp except for the partiton & drivers. everything else works the same.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    thanks for the reply.

i might be a little slow but i dont realy understand your reply, could you dumb it down a bit for me.