MAC PRO wont boot

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
I installed vista a while ago then uninstalled it. ever since I uninstalled it my mac wont boot unless I hold alt and choose "mac HD" I uninstalled boot camp and I still have this problem. If i don't hold alt, I get to this screen of jumbled data that says "no bootable partition insert disk" which is clearly the system thinking im trying to boot windows but finding now windows partition (because I deleted it). How can I fix this? its a huge hassle. sometimes I need to try to boot 10-15 times because holding alt doesn't alway work.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    mr. hmr. h Posts: 4,870member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blackmajik2021 View Post

I installed vista a while ago then uninstalled it. ever since I uninstalled it my mac wont boot unless I hold alt and choose "mac HD" I uninstalled boot camp and I still have this problem. If i don't hold alt, I get to this screen of jumbled data that says "no bootable partition insert disk" which is clearly the system thinking im trying to boot windows but finding now windows partition (because I deleted it). How can I fix this? its a huge hassle. sometimes I need to try to boot 10-15 times because holding alt doesn't alway work.

Have you tried opening System Preferences, going to "startup disk" and choosing your OS X system to start-up from?