When Iphone is getting launched to India?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
HI

Please when Apple is going to launch Iphone to india finally?

I am desperately waiting for it.

Regards

Karthik

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by karthik_rajashekaran View Post

HI

Regards

Karthik

I think Apple is going to cancel plans to officially release the Phone in all Asian countries except maybe Japan. Learning from their experience in Europe, as well as their negotiations with China Mobile, I think Apple knows by now that it's either release it unlocked or don't release it at all. They will choose the latter to preserve their heavy handed US business plan.

That said, you can get an unlocked iPhone at a reasonable price in any large city in Asia. Find a good seller, and they may agree to update the firmware for you whenever an unlocked update becomes available.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    ajayajay Posts: 117member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by karthik_rajashekaran View Post

HI

Regards

Karthik

you already get grey market iphones in most of the metros & bigger towns.

when it does launch in India (officially) the price will be marked up by ~40% (just like all other apple products in India) because of import & customs duties, taxes, etc.

so you might as well buy one now for a similar price in grey market - if you are impatient.

many people here fuss about the lack of support for visual voicemail in grey market iphones running on other networks - but my point is that voicemail is not commonly popular among mobile users in India anyway, so you won't be missing much!

BUT, keep in mind that the grey market iphone won't be covered under warranty & if anything should go wrong, be prepared to pay an obscene sum for service!

good luck!