Exclusive deal**Macbook Pro**

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Great idea - always good to save money on this type of stuff\t\tEach offer has its own instructions - click and follow.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Please stop spamming. It really is annoying.

These are all phrased the same way; it really is pathetic. What a waste of life.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    pbpb Posts: 4,255member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bergermeister View Post

Please stop spamming. It really is annoying.

These are all phrased the same way; it really is pathetic. What a waste of life.

This is always my question. Are there people who will actually check the site? And even buy? I really don't get how this spam industry works. Are there so many people that dumb to support it?
  • Reply 3 of 3
    lundylundy Posts: 4,466member
    These are bots - it doesn't do any good to respond to them, LOL.

I thought I would leave it up after banning the account because the link actually goes to one of those sites where you do a certain number of sponsor offers and you actually do get a MacBook Pro for less than $100 - I did it and so did about 90 other people on our All Things Macintosh forum at DSLReports.com.

It takes a lot of patience and attention to detail to remember when to cancel the offers and keep records of all of the emails and phone numbers to cancel, and to avoid spam and telemarketing calls you have to use throw-away email addresses and free throw-away phone numbers. I got over 9000 spams to my throw-away Gmail account for the MacBook Pro.

I also got 3 iPod shuffles and a 32-inch Samsung TV, for another $84 total. Some people in our group have gotten 2 or 3 MacBooks, an iMac, a Nikon, and $1K and $2K gift certificates. All together we took Nuitech for over 90 MacBook Pros before they changed the rules on us.

So if you choose the correct sites (some are not worth it, some require signing up another person, etc), it can be done.

Now I have to pay the IRS $300 in "other income" tax since they sent me a W-9 IRS form. Still not bad.