Saving Spaces Configuration

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Is there a setting or utility in Leopard that allows you to save which programs you have open as well as how you have arranged programs within Spaces?

Once I've set up my desktops in Spaces, but wish to reboot my Macbook how can I ensure that the system will keep these desktops and programs opened and positioned before rebooting?

Thank you.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
  • Reply 2 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ireland View Post

Thank you. I did indicate in my post, however, that I had already found and configured that part of system preferences. Once you reboot, however, you must restart those programs manually so that they will fill those pre-configured spaces.

Is there a utility or feature within Leopard that allows those spaces to be opened automatically once your reboot your system? or must one 'reseed' those spaces manually?
  • Reply 3 of 4
    On the dock, if you right-click (or control click) on the icon of any app, it'll give a menu. One of the options is "Open at Login". Then, whenever you log back on, it'll open. (It's not a new feature, though)

here's a photo

• Reply 4 of 4
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacHope theWorld View Post

On the dock, if you right-click (or control click) on the icon of any app, it'll give a menu. One of the options is "Open at Login". Then, whenever you log back on, it'll open. (It's not a new feature, though)

here's a photo

Perfect!

That is the answer. If one configures Spaces, and then adds 'open at login', the correct programs will open in the correct spaces windows. Thank you!