CD wont burn in iTunes

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
My iMac Intel (First Gen) wont burn cd's anymore. It just sits there on the first song. When I try to go into the burning preference pane, it freezes (iTunes). I have always had problems with burning cd's with iTunes, but never the same problem over and over. 102GB of space out of 160GB, and at the time of burning I had no application's running....so I shouldn't be running out of RAM. I am going to try another program to burn, but I would like to figure out whats wrong here. Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Also try a different brand CD in case you're drive doesn't like the kind you got or you got a bad batch.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    You might just be in order to just rebuild iTunes/library in general. Drag just the iTunes Music folder out with the content, not the actual library files. Delete the ~/Music/iTunes or where you store that folder that use to have all your itunes in it. Toss iTunes and download a fresh copy from apple.com/itunes, install, and drag the folders back into itunes to rebuild the library. Still not burning then it can be a bum drive, but if toast or other programs can burn then it's likely OS X just needs to be reinstalled... I had a professor in college that couldn't burn with is TiBook, OS 10.2 for a while... OS X reinstall fixed it.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kmac1036 View Post

You might just be in order to just rebuild iTunes/library in general. Drag just the iTunes Music folder out with the content, not the actual library files. Delete the ~/Music/iTunes or where you store that folder that use to have all your itunes in it. Toss iTunes and download a fresh copy from apple.com/itunes, install, and drag the folders back into itunes to rebuild the library. Still not burning then it can be a bum drive, but if toast or other programs can burn then it's likely OS X just needs to be reinstalled... I had a professor in college that couldn't burn with is TiBook, OS 10.2 for a while... OS X reinstall fixed it.

I tried what the other guy said, so now it 's time to try that! Thanks...and yea, I will be re-installing PS X when I get Leopard. But that might be a month or so away.