To Do App (iPhone/iTouch)

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I'm really surprised that iCal on the iPhone is so limited and that it doesn't include or sync to-do lists

I've tried using web apps as to do lists such as Remember the Milk, Ta-Da List, and Noter (my current favorite)... but it sucks to have to sign on and log in to use it.

I hope Apple comes out with a Native To-Do list app that is integrated with iCal and Notes on the iPhone.

My favorite App for the look and feel of the would be the "To Do Widget" for Dashboard on OSX

The look and feel, and the funtionality, would integrate really well into the iPhone system.

Which To-Do lists you guys use?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 17
    I've been using the ToDoList app for quite some time now.
  • Reply 2 of 17
    it will happen... sdk
  • Reply 3 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anthem View Post

it will happen... sdk

My Credit Card is ready

Me thinks, however, there will lots of free apps available (a la ported widgets!)

Can't wait for SDK!!! When is the announcement going to take place, we are already almost halfway through Feb!
  • Reply 4 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Looks great. I use Notes.app for my todos
  • Reply 5 of 17
    onlookeronlooker Posts: 5,252member
    THere is no such thing as an iTouch.
  • Reply 6 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by onlooker View Post

THere is no such thing as an iTouch.

dear lord, don't get your panties all up in a bunch. People us iTouch as a shortcut for iPod Touch, much like they use MBP for the Macbook Pro.
  • Reply 7 of 17
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    iTouch, I think we know what that means.
  • Reply 8 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by anthem View Post

it will happen... sdk

It already happened several months ago.
  • Reply 9 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by darngooddesign View Post

It already happened several months ago.

? care to elaborate.
  • Reply 10 of 17
    I agree with the gist of this text that to not have a stand alone "to do" list is a huge miss for Apple. I am praying for SDK development as Apple seems to not be listening to user requests.
  • Reply 11 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mdotdubz View Post

? care to elaborate.

"ToDoList" application has been on installer for several months. I find it to be invaluable.
  • Reply 12 of 17
    Quote:

"ToDoList" application has been on installer for several months. I find it to be invaluable.

hmmm.... got a link? my current favorite is noter, because it stores info locally, so no login, but it kinda sucks
  • Reply 13 of 17
    Quote:

hmmm.... got a link? my current favorite is noter, because it stores info locally, so no login, but it kinda sucks

Do you want a web app or a native app you install on your jailbroken phone?

MobileToDoList is not a webapp, its in the Productivity section of Installer.
  • Reply 14 of 17
    please do provide the "to do" list application. I am interested in the native application as going to the web for this use seems nuts! EVERY smartphone microsoft app have a "to do" list. How lame of Apple to make us wait this long for something so basic.
  • Reply 15 of 17
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tutumiles1 View Post

Please do provide the "to do" list application...

Fire up installer and install "MobileToDoList" or "ToDo". I use the former so I can't comment on whether the latter is better.

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass, but how is this hard?

If it will help I can always say install "MobileToDoList" a third time.
  • Reply 16 of 17
    Quote:

Fire up installer and install "MobileToDoList" or "ToDo". I use the former so I can't comment on whether the latter is better.

I don't mean to sound like a smart ass, but how is this hard?

If it will help I can always say install "MobileToDoList" a third time.

No thanks, I prefer not to hack my phone. I like authentic, official apps. I'll wait for SDK.
  • Reply 17 of 17
    Quote:

No thanks, I prefer not to hack my phone. I like authentic, official apps. I'll wait for SDK.

I have tried several To Do List apps, but found Skratch List to be the best one of all. It's simple, easy to use, everything that I need for keeping track of my things to do. I love how you can flick your iPhone to add new to do items with it! It's great! $0.99 is a steal.

You can down load it from http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...307074459&mt=8