Deleting duplicate photos

Posted:
in Mac Software edited March 2015
I recently imported all of my unorganized picture folder mess into iPhoto in an effort to organize them. However, when importing my pictures from my camera in the past, I would upload the same picture multiple times. I didnt bother to fix it at the time, but now that its all there in iPhoto, its pretty annoying, especially with the couple thousand pictures i have on it. Is there a way (automater?) that I can find these duplicate files and delete the copies of them? A program to do this or something would be a godsend.

Thanks in advance,

-Dylan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    You colud try using iPhoto Diet. It will find and delete your duplicates. Just be sure to read the options so that you know exactly what you are telling it to do -- it does some pretty amazing stuff, but if you don't pay attention you might not get the results you want. Make sure you understand the terminology.
  • Reply 2 of 2

Hi,  I was looking for something to manage all my clicked pictures on my Mac (which I had too much). I came across an amazing duplicate photos cleaner which even brings up the 

similar photos. You can try it from here: 

www.duplicatephotofixer.com/Photofixer.aspx?utm_source=frm