JFK Case Revealed?

Posted:
in AppleOutsider edited January 2014
NYT Article

Do you believe the transcript between Oswald and Ruby is fabricated? I think it's actually a very believable scenario. But then, why would the Dallas PD hide this evidence for so long?

Anyway, it's a very interesting situation.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 4
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    It's not very believable to me. Two guys are plotting to kill the president and they are shooting their mouths off in a bar?

Anyway it's good that these doc's are out. It seems long past the time release all this stuff.
  • Reply 2 of 4
    sammi josammi jo Posts: 4,634member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mydo View Post

It's not very believable to me. Two guys are plotting to kill the president and they are shooting their mouths off in a bar?

Anyway it's good that these doc's are out. It seems long past the time release all this stuff.

Besides the argument about whether the assassination was a "lone-nut theory" or a "conspiracy theory", what is the problem with releasing so many documents that have remained secret now for 44 years? When there is secrecy imposed without a stated (credible) reason or (credible) justification (and often just because they can), the natural response is "who is trying to save who's ass, and why?

It's a parallel deal with these bullshit military tribunals a.k.a. kangaroo courts at Gitmo and other clandestine military facilities. The evidence against the prisoners who have been charged in these cases has been obtained via torture, which gives it the "unreliable" or "BS" label. This "banana republic" process has nothing to do with genuine national security concerns, and most likely with protecting the identities of criminal elements within the US government and military. If these cases had any merit, then the DOJ shouldn't have any problem whatsoever with obtaining successful convictions in genuine criminal prosecutions. These cases are being shielded from the public scrutiny because the chances are, they wouldn't stand a snowball's chance in hell in any real US court of law, with a bonafide legal process.
  • Reply 3 of 4
    frank777frank777 Posts: 5,839member
    Quote:

Well, if they did it on the phone they'd be immediately caught.
  • Reply 4 of 4
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sammi jo View Post

Besides the argument about whether the assassination was a "lone-nut theory" or a "conspiracy theory", what is the problem with releasing so many documents that have remained secret now for 44 years? ...

Absolutely nothing which is why I said ...

Quote:

Do you even read the entire post before you reply? Maybe there is some "auto-reply" feature I don't know about