Help upgrading Macbook os x 10.4.11 from Tiger to Leopard

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Hey there!

I have a macbook with Tiger os x 10.4.11 and when i try to upgrade it to Leopard i receive a message that says the software can't be installed in the computer... i don't know what to do, have searched everywhere for answers but i got none, i thought it might be the firmware wasn't updated but that doesn't seem to be the problem...

Please help...

*kizz*

M

Comments

• Reply 1 of 8
    Which model of Macbook do you have? And what exactly does the message say? Those bits of info should help us help you out.
  • Reply 2 of 8
    Model NametMacBook

Model IdentifiertMacBook2,1

Processor NametIntel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speedt2 GHz

Number Of Processorst1

Total Number Of Corest2

L2 Cache (per processor)t4 MB

Memoryt1 GB

Bus Speedt667 MHz

Boot ROM VersiontMB21.00A5.B07

SMC Versiont1.17f0

Serial NumbertW8734NSKZ5V

Sudden Motion Sensor:

StatetEnabled

Thanks a lot for your help,

*kizz*

R
  • Reply 3 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by M_Chaos View Post

Hey there!

I have a macbook with Tiger os x 10.4.11 and when i try to upgrade it to Leopard i receive a message that says the software can't be installed in the computer... i don't know what to do, have searched everywhere for answers but i got none, i thought it might be the firmware wasn't updated but that doesn't seem to be the problem...

Please help...

*kizz*

M

I strongly suspect you're using an install CD "borrowed" from another computer (like a Mac Pro, for instance) instead of a legitimate shelf copy of Leopard.
  • Reply 4 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tonton View Post

I strongly suspect you're using an install CD "borrowed" from another computer (like a Mac Pro, for instance) instead of a legitimate shelf copy of Leopard.

Yup, that seems to be the problem. My bfriend and i bought the same notebook within a few weeks of difference, his one came with Leopard installed and mine with Tiger, my bad luck i guess... So i was trying to install it using his CD but i think maybe the license is only for his computer and that may explain a lot... cause if we got the exact same notebooks yet mine refuse to upgrade to Leopard that may be the only thing that'd make any sense.

*kizz*

M
  • Reply 5 of 8
    Ah, speaking of illegal activity is, well, illegal on the forums.
  • Reply 6 of 8
  • Reply 7 of 8
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rich-Myster View Post

Ah, speaking of illegal activity is, well, illegal on the forums.

I had no idea it was illegal, i kinda feel that what happened to me was illegal, i mean, i bought a new macbook last model that was supposed to come with leopard, yet it didn't...

if it wouldn't be because me and my sweet laptop get along so wonderfully i'd go back to the store and throw it over the heads of the sellers, cross the street and get a pink vaio, which has always worked perfect for me too...

Thanks anyway, i guess that is the problem after all.

*kizz*

M
  • Reply 8 of 8
    Do you have enough space?