The Little Big Planet [YTB released PS3 game] thread!

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
I currently don't own a console. I had a PS2 for year or so, I had a 360 on loan for a while, and I owned a Wii. I was never a big gamer at all really. I loved my Amiga 500 though, back in the day [God I hate that phrase]. I used to have around 70+ games. I played them all and have fond memories of them. Moonstone, Shadow of the Beast, Another World, The Great Giani Sisters, Sensible Soccer, all the greats.

Now here's comes a game which has me thinking about video games like I haven't been in many years, a surprising little gem I think may get me to buy another console, a PS3 of course. Despite what Americans think, the PS3 is selling quite well here in Europe [and Asia], and it outsold the 360 in the US during January. It's doing very well and it's only a matter of time until it takes over the 360 if you ask me. Network maturity, more games, reliability, Blu-Ray, it's only a matter of time.

The game is Little Big Planet. It has me blown away, wow! There a several different trailers showing different attributes of the game, I encourage you to watch them. Mind blowing stuff. And when the game is released in September 2008 [checked around, seems to be the consensus - game is taking time to get released because the makers don't want to settle for second best, they are aiming big here and are adding stuff all the time - love and respect that] I am going straight down to the store to pick up a PS3 and a copy of LBP - woot!

Best of all LBP is getting its own channel where users can make levels and vote them to the top.

Add your info and thoughts please..

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cakecake Posts: 1,010member
    I am also anxiously awaiting Little Big Planet.

I have a couple of PS3s and it is a beautifully built machine (and a great Blu-ray player).

I mainly use my PS3s for Folding@Home and Blu-ray, but I'm guessing that LBP will be a big distraction once it is released. I can't wait!
  • Reply 2 of 3
    irelandireland Posts: 17,798member
    Good cause, great stuff.
  • Reply 3 of 3
    I can't wait for this one. It looks wonderful.