Will the ipod touch get a camera in next revision?

Posted:
in iPod + iTunes + AppleTV edited January 2014
I'm not holding my breath, because I don't think the ipod touch will be updated until next winter....BUT...

I was wondering what everyone thought about the chances of the next version getting a camera?

I think this is the natural progression of this handheld internet/music/video device.

How cool would it be to be able to take pictures or shoot video and then send it to friends or post it on youtube?

Or even cooler...carry on a video ichat with someone using your handheld ipod touch?

Wow.

Again...not holding my breath...

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by regan View Post

I'm not holding my breath, because I don't think the ipod touch will be updated until next winter....BUT...

I was wondering what everyone thought about the chances of the next version getting a camera?

I think this is the natural progression of this handheld internet/music/video device.

How cool would it be to be able to take pictures or shoot video and then send it to friends or post it on youtube?

Or even cooler...carry on a video ichat with someone using your handheld ipod touch?

Wow.

Again...not holding my breath...

Probally because the iPhone has one
  • Reply 2 of 3
    If it does, then we won't have to watch Star Trek reruns anymore - the future will have arrived...

(I'm thinking specifically of videochatting on a handheld.)

Next up: Apple patents a transporter -
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CoolHandPete View Post

If it does, then we won't have to watch Star Trek reruns anymore - the future will have arrived...

(I'm thinking specifically of videochatting on a handheld.)

Next up: Apple patents a transporter -

It's not necessary to put too much features on a music/video player.

iTouch is very good and it just need better battery life