The Apple store is down...

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
The Apple online store is down in the USA, UK and other markets.



Is this finally what we've all been waiting for? Let's hope so.

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tailpipe View Post


    The Apple online store is down in the USA, UK and other markets.



    Is this finally what we've all been waiting for? Let's hope so.



    It better be a new case design as you told us.....
  • Reply 2 of 13
    pbpb Posts: 4,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mausse View Post


    It better be a new case design as you told us.....



    Most probably one of the same. Supposedly the specifications of the new machines:



    Macbook - 13" 2.1GHz / 1Go / 120Go / Combo/ blanc

    Macbook - 13" 2.4GHz / 2Go / 160Go / Super / blanc

    Macbook - 13" 2.4GHz / 2Go / 250Go / Super / noir



    Macbook Pro - 15" 2.4GHz / 2Go / 200Go 5400RPM / 256Mo Vram

    Macbook Pro - 15" 2.5GHz / 2Go / 250Go 5400RPM / 512Mo Vram

    Macbook Pro - 17" 2.5GHz / 2Go / 250Go 5400RPM / 512Mo Vram



    "Blanc" means "white", "noir" means "black".
  • Reply 3 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post


    Most probably one of the same. Supposedly the specifications of the new machines:



    Macbook - 13" 2.1GHz / 1Go / 120Go / Combo/ blanc

    Macbook - 13" 2.4GHz / 2Go / 160Go / Super / blanc

    Macbook - 13" 2.4GHz / 2Go / 250Go / Super / noir



    Macbook Pro - 15" 2.4GHz / 2Go / 200Go 5400RPM / 256Mo Vram

    Macbook Pro - 15" 2.5GHz / 2Go / 250Go 5400RPM / 512Mo Vram

    Macbook Pro - 17" 2.5GHz / 2Go / 250Go 5400RPM / 512Mo Vram



    "Blanc" means "white", "noir" means "black".



    Question for the assembled... let's suppose that the MacBook case remains the same, black and white... has the chipping problem by the front lip of the case been solved and do the white books still discolor?



    Thanks!
  • Reply 4 of 13
    pbpb Posts: 4,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post


    Question for the assembled... let's suppose that the MacBook case remains the same, black and white... has the chipping problem by the front lip of the case been solved and do the white books still discolor?



    Thanks!



    What is the chipping problem? As for discoloration, it is considered as resolved long ago. And of course the probability to see a change in the Macbook case today is below 0.1%.
  • Reply 5 of 13
    New Macbook pros with bigger hard drives.

    No new trackpad and no case redesign as I thought.



    Mike
  • Reply 6 of 13
    The new Macbook Pro's have Multi-Touch..



    Also Tailpipe, so much for your insider source on case redesign..



    Note: Canadian price of Macbook pro dropped $100, SWEET!
  • Reply 7 of 13
    mahkmahk Posts: 25member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by jivebaby View Post


    New Macbook pros with bigger hard drives.

    No new trackpad and no case redesign as I thought.



    Mike





    "as you thought ..." sheesh.



    If you scroll down the product page a bit ...



    "The MacBook Pro trackpad adopts many of the innovative Multi-Touch gestures from the Apple iPhone, so you can pinch, swipe, or rotate by simply moving your fingers."



    Still, I'm disappointed ...
  • Reply 8 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post


    What is the chipping problem? As for discoloration, it is considered as resolved long ago. And of course the probability to see a change in the Macbook case today is below 0.1%.



    http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chipqy2.jpg



    http://forums.macnn.com/66/macbook-a...ist-pad-chips/





    The reason I bring this up is I'm vacillating on which computer to buy. It's quite possible the 'Book will suit me, but I'd be way disappointed if the case starts looking bad in short order.
  • Reply 9 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post


    http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chipqy2.jpg



    http://forums.macnn.com/66/macbook-a...ist-pad-chips/





    The reason I bring this up is I'm vacillating on which computer to buy. It's quite possible the 'Book will suit me, but I'd be way disappointed if the case starts looking bad in short order.



    My Girlfriend has had her Macbook since late March 2007, she treats it like a $5 hooker and it still looks like the day she bought it (minus some minor scuffing on the lid, due to bag zippers).



    It's understandable that a 5 foot fall may cause the case to chip or crack, like any plastic gadget. If you're going to be at a construction site daily, maybe a Macbook isn't right for you.
  • Reply 10 of 13
    pbpb Posts: 4,231member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lemmy Caution View Post


    http://img402.imageshack.us/my.php?image=chipqy2.jpg



    http://forums.macnn.com/66/macbook-a...ist-pad-chips/





    The reason I bring this up is I'm vacillating on which computer to buy. It's quite possible the 'Book will suit me, but I'd be way disappointed if the case starts looking bad in short order.



    Ouch! Buy a black one then.
  • Reply 11 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PB View Post


    Ouch! Buy a black one then.



    Reportedly the chipping issue is matched by the Blackbook. It happens when the lid is shut and the front "feet" come in contact with the base repeatedly. Or so I've heard. This is what I'm trying to evaluate.
  • Reply 12 of 13
    olternautolternaut Posts: 1,376member
    Stop updating this thread!

    Everytime I see this thread updated I rush to the apple store to see if they are debuting a new product.



    Oops! I think I just updated this thread. \
  • Reply 13 of 13
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Olternaut View Post


    Stop updating this thead!

    Everytime I see this thead updated I rush to the apple store to see if they are debuting a new product.



    Oops! I think I just updated this thread. \



    Sorry for updating this thread, but you're right. This thread should have been locked or deleted yesterday, it clearly says in the forum rules not to make a thread about the store going down. False hope damnit, haha.
Sign In or Register to comment.