MagSafe Airline Adapter for MBP

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
I'm about to purchase a revised MBP, and am looking at the option of a MagSafe Airline Adapter with several events in mind.

For one, I plan to travel to China this May with United Airlines. It'll be my first time on a plane for close to 20 hours, nearly twice what I've experienced heading to Europe, which I have the good fortune to do fairly frequently.

Would the Airline adapter suit me well for this purpose? I will most likely be in coach seating, as this is a heavily underwritten trip from my school's East Asian Institute (thus, they're paying my way).

I suppose the crux of this question is really, "how available are the appropriate outlets for this adapter?" Will it have it on my international flight throughout the seats, or business only? What about flights within the States, so I get more use out of this in the future?

The help of anyone with experience with these kind of issues is much appreciated!

Thanks,

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Animal Farm View Post

"how available are the appropriate outlets for this adapter?" Will it have it on my international flight throughout the seats, or business only? What about flights within the States, so I get more use out of this in the future?,

this website will answer these questions ~ http://www.seatguru.com/

I just got back from a trip to China flying Cathy Pacific; every seat in coach had access to the EmPower jack that the magsafe connects to... So I bought one before I left... I'll be taking it back this week for an exchange because it didn't work. I fly to Germany next week so hopefully the one that I exchange will work.

It is kind of a bummer product, because there was no real way of testing if the thing works prior to being on the plane, and if it doesn't then you're up the creek!