Who can help me with MS Live Messenger?

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
I know this is not an Apple-related product question, but I have a friend who does not speak English that great and is looking to use MS Live Mssgr to talk with family back home in Europe. She recently purchased a MS microphone which plugs into USB and came with a CD which I assume are the related drivers and such. I am being told that when she is using the application, she can hear her family speaking, but they can't hear her. I told her I am an Apple user at home and do not have that much experience with PCs outside of work, but that I would try to help her.

It sounds like a simple setting issue from her end (duplex maybe?), but I am unable to get in front of her system to try and troubleshoot. I've tried to search for other forums, but the info I've found is pretty weak. Short of calling Microsoft, is there anyone here who has experience with this MS related product? Thanks in advance for your help!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    I've used it before, very briefly, but not with audio or video. I would try going through the automated MS email support first, before you call, though.