Getting used to Macbook trackpad?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Anyone else come to the Macbook and find the trackpad a little difficult to use? I think the problem is that my 4 year old Toshiba had such a small trackpad that now when I rest my hand on a Macbook, I end up having a finger accidently on the pad and can't use the mouse.

Anyone else have any issues like this and did you eventually adapt yourself to it?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    yvonyvon Posts: 40member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prost264 View Post

Anyone else come to the Macbook and find the trackpad a little difficult to use? I think the problem is that my 4 year old Toshiba had such a small trackpad that now when I rest my hand on a Macbook, I end up having a finger accidently on the pad and can't use the mouse.

Anyone else have any issues like this and did you eventually adapt yourself to it?

I bought my first macbook about a month ago after using Dell for a few years now.

It too me maybe 1 or 2 weeks to get used to it.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    I have a MacBook Pro that I use in "tap click" mode with two fingered right click and scrolling.

It drives people who aren't used to it crazy, but I'm entirely acclimated-- to the point that when I use someone else's laptop it's really irritating to have to manually scroll, move my hand to click or press a key to right click.

You'll get so used to using your track pad everything else will seem wrong.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Its not the tap-click I had to get used to (I enabled it on the MB at the store ) its just how large the pad is. I'm so accustomed to by small pad that I don't know where to put my hand.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    addaboxaddabox Posts: 12,665member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prost264 View Post

Its not the tap-click I had to get used to (I enabled it on the MB at the store ) its just how large the pad is. I'm so accustomed to by small pad that I don't know where to put my hand.

Right, but my point is that you can pretty quickly get perfectly comfortable with something that feels really awkward, if you just stick with it for a bit.

After a few weeks, the smaller track pads you're used to will feel cramped and too small.
  • Reply 5 of 5