Oh, note pad, where art thou?

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
well..i have an ibook 600 dvd that i'm using to transition myself into os x 10.1.3 from 9.2.2. and i was rumaging around it and noticed couldn't find the note pad. i really loved this little app, can you tell me if there's a version of it for x? right now, i have to settle for a little textedit file called "note pad" that i have on my dock. but it can't replace the real deal in os 9 and below. also, being an ibook user, can anyone tell me if there's a way to change the processor setting in os x? (like the energy saver control panel in 9 which allows me to slow down my processor speed so my battery would last longer)

having these two things would make my os x-computing life a bit better

thanx

Comments

• Reply 1 of 7
    neutrino23neutrino23 Posts: 1,562member
    What did you like about note pad? I use Tex-Edit Plus for maintaining text files used for notes, diaries and such.

I think the option for slowing down the processor speed on the powerbooks disappeared quite a while ago.
  • Reply 2 of 7
    Have you every tried searching at VersionTracker.com for your software needs? Here are some notepads I found and tried:

<a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=12511&db=mac"; target="_blank">Mac Tablet</a> is for simplicity

or

<a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=9605&db=mac"; target="_blank">Notes</a> has a fancier interface

or

My personal favorite, <a href="http://www.versiontracker.com/moreinfo.fcgi?id=11374&db=mac"; target="_blank">MacJournal</a> offers a slightly better toolbar interface than Notes.
  • Reply 3 of 7
    pismeovpismeov Posts: 36member
    hey..thanx guys..

i'll head over to version tracker now

i find it difficult to replace notepad with texedit..i like it how notepad automatically saves when you close the window, or how it can separate different notes in 8 pages. in texedit, i have all my notes in one big jumble of letters.
  • Reply 4 of 7
    serranoserrano Posts: 1,806member
    i too miss note pad... why not port it like they did simple text? a quick ssh and scan of my developer/applications/extras folder reveals no notepad, but there is sketch! forgot about that! ... i digress...
  • Reply 5 of 7
    kidredkidred Posts: 2,402member
    Get iOrganizeX. It's cocoa, it rocks and I did the all the icons for it (no coding, just the icons )
  • Reply 6 of 7
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Yeah, there are about a million different freeware and shareware PIM/NotePad/TextEdit-type apps for OS X these days. Sometimes it seems like there are more of these apps available than there are people who want them
  • Reply 7 of 7
    there's a great little shareware notepad app called inotepad (vincent jalby - versiontracker). unlike apple's notepad that only had 8 blank pages, inotepad lets you title your notes, save them in user defined folders, encrypt them, hide them, or set reminders on them. it can save notes in RTF and is very OSX saavy.

a nice app. i bought it. i use it. i heartily recommend it.