Working at Apple - Good or Bad? Career Opportunities?

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey everyone,



I was just wondering if anybody might be able to provide me with their opinions on what working for Apple might be like. Are they good to work for with solid wages or good incentives? Do they have a good career path? Do they reward great performance? I am considering applying for a retail position in the hope of working my way up. I currently work at the Four Seasons Hotel in Toronto and while I hope to continue that for now, I would like a position at a company that inspires me more that also treats employees well. Four Seasons treats employees very well and there are many rewards for good performance but it is not the industry I want to be in long term. Apple interests me much more.



Any knowledge people? I have heard they have low wages although that may be okay, if that is only in the lower end positions and not representative as you move past entry level.



Thanks!

Comments

  • Reply 1 of 5
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CanadianMac2008 View Post


    Any knowledge people? I have heard they have low wages although that may be okay, if that is only in the lower end positions and not representative as you move past entry level.



    Thanks!



    They are consistently rated in the top ten "best companies to work for," although they are not for the serially ambitious.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Hell, its gotta be good. Didn't steve jobs give them all an iPod
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post


    They are consistently rated in the top ten "best companies to work for," although they are not for the serially ambitious.



    Thanks for the reply,



    Any body here who has worked for Apple though? I'd like to get a few solid opinions from people with some hard facts/experience
  • Reply 4 of 5
    mdriftmeyermdriftmeyer Posts: 7,501member
    Professional Jobs: Excellent.



    Downside [if you leave]: The rest of the Industry is a knotch below, overall, and that is more of a reality shocker.



    Apple has been reasonable at letting engineers come and go and return while their career expands. Always keep your network of contacts.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CanadianMac2008 View Post


    Thanks for the reply,



    Any body here who has worked for Apple though? I'd like to get a few solid opinions from people with some hard facts/experience





    Do a search for "WorkerBee". That will give you insight on what not to do as an Apple Employee.
Sign In or Register to comment.