Update file corrupt, how do I re-download?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
we downloaded the new patch on my friends pc with xp in iTunes and the file is corrupt and wot update. How do we re-download it? We tried for hours and can't figure it out.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    cubs23cubs23 Posts: 324member
    Your best bet would be to remove iTunes, and the iPhone mobile device support applications, and re-download and install iTunes.

http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=306084

That article should explain how to remove both items from either a mac or pc. Let us know if it worked, or need to try something else!

Cheers
  • Reply 2 of 3
    surfratsurfrat Posts: 341member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OahuSurf View Post

we downloaded the new patch on my friends pc with xp in iTunes and the file is corrupt and wot update. How do we re-download it? We tried for hours and can't figure it out.

You can download it directly from the following link. They give you directions on how to get iTunes to recognize it as well.

http://www.iphoneatlas.com/2008/02/2...-114-released/
  • Reply 3 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by OahuSurf View Post

Had identical issue and removed itunes blah blah.

Fortunately? I had three computers at home (all MACs) and one windows computer that never had itunes.

after installing same error.

got a mate to post the file to the cloud and I downloaded it but download crashed IE and safari and firefox!!!!

Here is the rub - change file name and download is OK and works.

It seems bigpond (in my case) has cache a corrupt file and iTunes or web browser tries to download but ISP replaces download with their own broken file in cache.

Took Macbook pro to work and update went as smooth as which double proves it.