LACIE External Hard Drive's Partition Not Mounting

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
HELP!! I hope and pray that I have not lost all my music files. This would be a very HARD way to learn to back things up.

I have an external drive firewire for the mac. There are 4 partitions on the drive. 3 of them are showing up on the desk drive and mounting, and 1 suddenly is not. This 1 non mounting partition is the holder of all my music files.

When I go to Disk Utility it shows up and states that it is not mounted. I run a verify and repair on it and everything checks out. Its verified without error and the message of being 'okay' comes up after I hit repair. When I go to try to manually mount it by hitting the icon at the top of the disk utilities window nothing happens.

What can I do?? Please help!!

(I have read previous threads and all of the issues there have problems with the verify and repair whereas mine seems to be okay but with no end result)

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    kmac1036kmac1036 Posts: 281member
    Try clicking the actual partition itself & hit the mount button.

There is a diskutil & mount terminal commands you can try:

http://www.ss64.com/osx/

This is why anyone that partitions like this should be scoulded. Sure, you may have saved your data on the other 3 but partitioning is not the same as backing up.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    I'm really late to this discussion, but I'm curious. Why the scolding of anyone "who partitions like this"?

I'm just in the process of buying a Mac (haven't rec'd yet) and would like to know what to do, and what not to do. I will be getting a basic Mini, upgrading the RAM to 4GB, and using an external drive (and I was considering a LaCie). Help me stay out of trouble :-}

Thanks
  • Reply 3 of 3

If your lacie hard drive is not working properly and you are unable to open or even view its files then you can use lacie Hard Drive Recovery Software. It is a latest software which is launched recently in the market to help the users and overcome from their problems. It can be easily used by non-technical users. It is compatible with different versions of Mac operating system. You can easily get lost or damaged images, videos, and audios files easily. It will also allow to recover files from different memory cards, digital camera, and cell phones. So download the software as early as possible and get back lost files.

Read More Information:-