Jailbreaking an iPhone - Beginner question

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
I've been eying Ziphone for a while now to jailbreak my iphone. I'm not really interested in using another company for service, I'm fine with att, but it seems like it would be nice to access apptapp, installer, and other programs to allow me to install third party apps and change my iphone's icons and theme.

What is apple's policy on doing this - and is it worth it? Should I just wait until iphone 2.0?

Thanks!

Comments

• Reply 1 of 1
    amoryaamorya Posts: 1,103member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xelitex View Post

I've been eying Ziphone for a while now to jailbreak my iphone. I'm not really interested in using another company for service, I'm fine with att, but it seems like it would be nice to access apptapp, installer, and other programs to allow me to install third party apps and change my iphone's icons and theme.

What is apple's policy on doing this - and is it worth it? Should I just wait until iphone 2.0?

Thanks!

If you're just jailbreaking (not unlocking), it's reversible at any time. So there isn't really much risk of anything bad happening -- if you screw up, just reinstall the original firmware.

Unlocking is more risky. Don't try that unless you know what you're doing.

Amorya