13.3 inch screen or 15 inch

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Is the 13.3 inch screen of the MacBook enough screen for a person or is the 15 inch screen of the MacBook Pro better? thanks

Comments

• Reply 1 of 12
    For a person doing what?
  • Reply 2 of 12
    skivesskives Posts: 50member
    for a person doing anythig. Is the price difference worth the extra money?
  • Reply 3 of 12
    sonadowsonadow Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by skives View Post

Is the 13.3 inch screen of the MacBook enough screen for a person or is the 15 inch screen of the MacBook Pro better? thanks

it boils down to what you want to use it for.

more screen estate is always good, but in most cases, like normal websurfing, word processing, iTunes and stuff, 13.3 is more than enough.

(i do Photoshop, Macormedia and Final Cut on my Macbook and im not complaining, but that's me.)
  • Reply 4 of 12
    4metta4metta Posts: 365member
    There are many more differences between the macbook pro and the macbook than just the screen size.
  • Reply 5 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by 4metta View Post

There are many more differences between the macbook pro and the macbook than just the screen size.

yes there is but I am just wondering if the bigger screen alone is worth it.
  • Reply 6 of 12
    my partner has a MacBook and I have a MacBook Pro. I do photoshopping, a lot of LightRoom work, as well as general word processing, web browsing etc and I find I get annoyed if I try to use his MacBook for photoshopping, but that might be because I am used the MBP. I also had a PowerBook before this MacBook Pro.

Further, 4metta is correct - the MBP has a dedicated graphics card, which is very noticable, blacklit keyboard, much larger hard drive, faster processor etc
  • Reply 7 of 12
    sonadowsonadow Posts: 13member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by mr_zebra View Post

my partner has a MacBook and I have a MacBook Pro. I do photoshopping, a lot of LightRoom work, as well as general word processing, web browsing etc and I find I get annoyed if I try to use his MacBook for photoshopping, but that might be because I am used the MBP. I also had a PowerBook before this MacBook Pro.

Further, 4metta is correct - the MBP has a dedicated graphics card, which is very noticable, blacklit keyboard, much larger hard drive, faster processor etc

anybody who have the slightest technical knowledge will be able to swipe out the Macbook's hdd in a matter of minutes, making that point all but moot.
  • Reply 8 of 12
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by k squared View Post

For a person doing what?

That's a great question and a pity he didn't answer it.
  • Reply 9 of 12
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by backtomac View Post

That's a great question and a pity he didn't answer it.

I just wanted to know if the extra screen space is worth the price. Just that alone doesn't matter what I will be doing but I would be doing basic stuff. Surfing the net, writing papers, working with photos and iweb for a website.
  • Reply 10 of 12
    mzaslovemzaslove Posts: 519member
    Quote:

I just wanted to know if the extra screen space is worth the price. Just that alone doesn't matter what I will be doing but I would be doing basic stuff. Surfing the net, writing papers, working with photos and iweb for a website.

Then, no -- it's probably not worth the extra price for you. But... why don't you go, if you can, to an Apple Store, or MacMall, or somewhere that has one of each on display and try them both out and see if you find you need the extra screen size. That's still the best way to decide: your POV is always going to be subjective. And, as others have said, you're paying for more than just screen real estate when you buy a MBP (my personal choice).
  • Reply 11 of 12
    backtomacbacktomac Posts: 4,579member
    Quote:

If you don't think that the things that you will do on your computer affect the choice of the components that you get then by all means get the 13" model.
  • Reply 12 of 12
    dhagan4755dhagan4755 Posts: 2,152member
    I feel like I am beating a dead horse here ? but ? Apple should be offering a consumer 15.4-inch. OK, I am done.