Aquariums made out of iMacs

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hi, I just wanted to share with all of you a project that I have been working on.

I am making aquariums out of iMacs. Commonly known as Macaquariums or iQuariums, these are basically an iMac with a custom built fish tank where the CRT screen and electronics used to be. I install a filter and a light with a switch on the back of the case to turn it on and off.

You can find much more information and pictures on my website at:

www.jakeharms.com

Feel free to contact me with questions or comments.

Comments

• Reply 1 of 11
    I would call it iAquarium
  • Reply 2 of 11
    I am actually liking it, everytime something different and unique pops up in the world I have to applaud you for actually putting in the effort even though some people might bring you down.

Good Job
  • Reply 3 of 11
    kishankishan Posts: 732member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacBookAir77 View Post

I would call it iAquarium

iQuarium
  • Reply 4 of 11
    mav5mav5 Posts: 36member
    Wow!! That is a really cool idea. I hope it catches on. I would love to have one of those. Good job!
  • Reply 5 of 11
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mav5 View Post

Wow!! That is a really cool idea. I hope it catches on. I would love to have one of those. Good job!

I have several for sale if you are interested in one. PM me or check my website for contact information.

www.jakeharms.com
  • Reply 6 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    FYI it's iMacquarium. The Macquarium is an older idea that utilized the earlier all-in-one form factor such as used by the 128K, 512K, Plus, SE, Classic, etc. One of the columnists from MacUser came up with it back when people actually read MacUser.
  • Reply 7 of 11
    Quote:

They are catching on for sure, people from all over want one. I have even shipped one to Sweden Australia, and Canada!!

I have this one in my office with 2 guppies a beta and a snail.

There are more pictures on my iMacquarium site.

• Reply 8 of 11
    eav10xbeav10xb Posts: 5member
    That is pretty awesome, if and when i get the money for one of those hopefully you are still making them.

Keep up the great work...
  • Reply 9 of 11
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Yeah man, nice work. I am so close to pulling the trigger on one of those, but I'm going to wait until after I move in two months.
  • Reply 10 of 11
    herbieeherbiee Posts: 4member
    So that would be called Macuarium
  • Reply 11 of 11
    I have three 17 inch CRT Apple Cinima Displays that I am going to try to turn into aquariums as well. That case will be able to hold much more water. Hopefully the stand can support all of the weight!