A few problems..

Posted:
in Genius Bar edited January 2014
Hi everybody.

First let me say that I'm new to the forums.

I have two questions/problems right now. Hopefully you can be of assistance!

By the way, I'm running a MacBook 2.16ghz C2D with 2gb DDR2 memory.

1) The other day, I was trying to free up some space on my HDD. I decided to remove my bootcamp partition. (Vista hasn't worked since I upgraded my ram) I deleted the partition, but now whenever I try to start up my mac, vista tries to load. It seems like a few vista files survived, and now try to boot before OS X. The only way to get into OS X is to hold option on startup. Does anybody know how to modify the boot sequence from Leopard?

2) I make websites, and I'm sure some of you know that sometimes clients "request" you to redo work because they decide they don't like what you've produced. I want to setup a CVS system so that I can record the different 'versions' of things i develop. I'd like to setup the CVS server on my PC, but access it through my primary machine, the Mac. Do any of you know whether it is possible to do this via cross-platform? How easy is it?

Thanks,

Benjamin

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by uzegonemad View Post

1) The other day, I was trying to free up some space on my HDD. I decided to remove my bootcamp partition. (Vista hasn't worked since I upgraded my ram) I deleted the partition, but now whenever I try to start up my mac, vista tries to load. It seems like a few vista files survived, and now try to boot before OS X. The only way to get into OS X is to hold option on startup. Does anybody know how to modify the boot sequence from Leopard?

Go to System Preferences > Startup Disk. Select your Mac OS X partition and reboot. Hopefully that should sort you out.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

Go to System Preferences > Startup Disk. Select your Mac OS X partition and reboot. Hopefully that should sort you out.

Wow, that easy. Thanks!