Can't send e-mail in Tiger Mail.

Posted:
in macOS edited January 2014
Mail worked fine until last Friday; then, suddenly,I can't send email. I can download email, surf the net, and write this, but no email out. After 4 days of apparent attempts to fix the problem, Comcast says it's an Apple problem. Apple has sent several fixes to me. Still I can't send email. HELP.

I get an error message: "sender address ..........@comcast.net was rejected by the server." If I use a browser and go to Comcast, my address and password gets me in immediately.

Making several attempts at changing Ports, at times, the error message is, "Port 25 has timed out."

I have gone through Mail Preference settings several times with Comcast and and also with settings that Apple sent. No luck. Ideas - anyone?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 2
    Does this happen with just sending email to 1 address or to any outgoing email you try to send? I know you said that you have gone through the accounts set up with Comcast and Apple, but it sounds like something got changed. Have you tried making a backup of your email so you dont loose it but then delete your user accounts and recreate them after a restart. Clear the P-ram as well before doing this and dump your Pref file from Mail. Your account may have just corrupted its self. Hope you get it fixed
  • Reply 2 of 2
    sequitursequitur Posts: 1,910member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Snak3Doctor View Post

Does this happen with just sending email to 1 address or to any outgoing email you try to send? I know you said that you have gone through the accounts set up with Comcast and Apple, but it sounds like something got changed. Have you tried making a backup of your email so you dont loose it but then delete your user accounts and recreate them after a restart. Clear the P-ram as well before doing this and dump your Pref file from Mail. Your account may have just corrupted its self. Hope you get it fixed

It happens to any outgoing email I try to send. I get one of those error messages. Haven't tried backing up and deleting user accounts and recreate. Worth a try. Thanks. Whoa. What's the P-ram?