Bluetooth Apple Remote?

Posted:
in Future Apple Hardware edited January 2014
Anyone think that it is feasible? Would make front row on the mac pro a possibility....

Jan

Comments

• Reply 1 of 9
    slewisslewis Posts: 2,081member
    Null.
  • Reply 2 of 9
    coreycorey Posts: 165member
    The AppleTV doesn't have bluetooth does it?

They should have used BT from day one, however.
  • Reply 3 of 9
    irchsirchs Posts: 86member
    The only reason I can think of them not using bluetooth is accidental button presses, but it is a minor point. I imagine cost was a likely issue, and of course the battery life would be less with BT.
  • Reply 4 of 9
    Suggest it at www.apple.com/feedback
  • Reply 5 of 9
    yamayama Posts: 427member
    Salling Clicker lets you use more or less any Bluetooth mobile device as a remote.

It feels a bit sluggish at times, but works pretty well. You can configure it to work with more apps than just Front Row, which is nice.
  • Reply 6 of 9
    dglowdglow Posts: 147member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by yama View Post

Salling Clicker lets you use more or less any Bluetooth mobile device as a remote.

It feels a bit sluggish at times, but works pretty well. You can configure it to work with more apps than just Front Row, which is nice.

or Griffin's AirClick - not Bluetooth per se, but the benefits of RF: no line-of-sight required
  • Reply 7 of 9
    mr. sgmr. sg Posts: 19member
    Adding Bluetooth support, while keeping the current IR would be great. I can program my Universal remote to control an Apple TV, along with my actual TV.
  • Reply 8 of 9
    Off course one day every iphone will be capable of remote-controlling frontrow and apple-tv...
  • Reply 9 of 9
    It is a great first day idea, but i don't think it is coming anytime soon