Custom Hardware Fabrication

Posted:
in General Discussion edited January 2014
Hey, all.

I've heard of people bringing their hardware designs to a fabricator to produce a small number of units. Does anyone know of a source I could look in to? This wouldn't even be complex PCBs or anything... just smaller than what I can solder by hand.

I can find a couple custom electronics design sites online but I'd like to know if anyone has a particular one they would recommend.

Thanks,

-Clive

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    splinemodelsplinemodel Posts: 7,311member
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Clive At Five View Post

Hey, all.

I've heard of people bringing their hardware designs to a fabricator to produce a small number of units. Does anyone know of a source I could look in to? This wouldn't even be complex PCBs or anything... just smaller than what I can solder by hand.

I can find a couple custom electronics design sites online but I'd like to know if anyone has a particular one they would recommend.

Thanks,

-Clive

How far have you gotten and what exactly do you hope to accomplish?
  • Reply 2 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

How far have you gotten and what exactly do you hope to accomplish?

It's simply a matter of creating an extension cable for two connectors for which an extender does not exist. I have part numbers for the connectors. I just need someone to connect a cable between the two of them. I'd be looking for about 100 of these, maybe more.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:

It's simply a matter of creating an extension cable for two connectors for which an extender does not exist. I have part numbers for the connectors. I just need someone to connect a cable between the two of them. I'd be looking for about 100 of these, maybe more.

http://www.cablestogo.com/

These guys will do what you want. I've had them put together small runs of proto cables. The price was pretty good and the turnaround was fast.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Splinemodel View Post

http://www.cablestogo.com/

These guys will do what you want. I've had them put together small runs of proto cables. The price was pretty good and the turnaround was fast.

Thanks! I put a request in to these guys.

Any other suggestions?

-Clive
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:

Thanks! I put a request in to these guys.

Any other suggestions?

-Clive

Not really. Cables are pretty simple, and I don't see any further issues. I was almost expecting that you were going to request something more complicated, stipulating also that you have very little money to spend. Then I would have proceeded to lay down a couple of options, none of which would have been satisfactory in either requested quality or cost.

Fortunately, it was much simpler!