Good Idea/Bad Idea?

in macOS edited January 2014
I am waiting at least until 10.2 is standard on Apple's line of computers before I buy a new one. (im looking at a PB or iBook) Good idea or bad idea?

I don't need the computer until next fall, but it would be nice to have it now because there are some projects I am working on that I would like to bring into school...

I don't want to buy a computer only to have to buy an os upgrade less then 3 months into the purchase... tfyh



  • Reply 1 of 2
    bradbowerbradbower Posts: 1,068member
    Bad idea. Or at least not-very-smart idea.

    It's unnecesary for you to wait just for that. If you buy a Mac with X you'll be able to go into any Apple Store, CompUSA, or Apple retailer and get a free CD... If you can't do that, and a friend won't send you one, and you can't download it off of the internet and burn it, then what's $20 S&H for the update? A pizza or (maybe) two.

    However, if I were in your position, I would wait anyway. PowerBook and iBook updates are EXTREMELY likely at MacWorld New York in July... and I'm convinced it won't be just a puny speed bump. Maybe the iBooks will even go G4 or get SuperDrives.
  • Reply 2 of 2
    paulpaul Posts: 5,278member
    well my feeling is if i ever have to reinstall X, installing 1 CD is better then installing with 1 and then upgrading with another... just a headache...

    as for the HW updates, yeah i was going to wait for mwny anyway...

    [ 04-22-2002: Message edited by: Paul ]</p>
Sign In or Register to comment.