Could there be a May release of 3G iPhone?

Posted:
in iPhone edited January 2014
The "economic stimulus" checks from the feds will be coming in May. A new iPhone would be a great way to spend the $$$$

Comments

• Reply 1 of 5
    mydomydo Posts: 1,888member
    I'm getting an iPhone now. Works payin' for it so I'm less worried about a new one coming out soon.

My stimulus is going into a driveway repair and preschool.
  • Reply 2 of 5
    outsideroutsider Posts: 6,008member
    My savings account desperately need a stimulus package. I know I'm letting the terrorists win by not being a mindless consumer, but I'll take my chances.
  • Reply 3 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tenguy View Post

The "economic stimulus" checks from the feds will be coming in May. A new iPhone would be a great way to spend the $$$$

Dang straight! I will put my 16GB Apple iPhone away as a spare or backup and purchase the 3G version for sure!

I just hope it does come out and soon.
  • Reply 4 of 5
    gugygugy Posts: 794member
    I think the earliest we can get the 3G iPhone will be at WWDC.
  • Reply 5 of 5
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PlatMan View Post

Dang straight! I will put my 16GB Apple iPhone away as a spare or backup and purchase the 3G version for sure!

I just hope it does come out and soon.

On 2nd thought after seeing more info about a possible release of a 3G version iPhone, unless the talk time is close to what the 16GB Apple iPhone gets now, I think I will just stay with the one I have instead of getting a 3G version if it comes out. Talk time to me is more important than having a tad bit faster internet on the iPhone. Coming from Nextel and the iDEN network, at&t's Edge is plenty fast for me and I have WiFi access to many places I go anyway which is almost like having cable internet speeds.

One of the reasons the 3G verison Apple iPhone hasn't come out yet is because of lack of talk time and usage being 3G is a big battery hog!