Refurb. 24" iMac screen quality

Posted:
in Current Mac Hardware edited January 2014
Question to refurb. 24" iMac buyers - how is the screen quality? There were often gradient issues w/ new machines, but are the refurbs. coming out with this issue corrected? Do the refurb.s have the same issues?

Comments

• Reply 1 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

Question to refurb. 24" iMac buyers - how is the screen quality? There were often gradient issues w/ new machines, but are the refurbs. coming out with this issue corrected? Do the refurb.s have the same issues?

In general, if the refurb came back to apple with a problem, it was corrected as part of the refurb process. I suspect getting a refurb will steer you clear of a gradient problem later on because it was most likely already dealt with on the first return. And they come with the same warranty as new, so if it goes later on, you can get it corrected.
  • Reply 2 of 3
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by techound1 View Post

In general, if the refurb came back to apple with a problem, it was corrected as part of the refurb process. I suspect getting a refurb will steer you clear of a gradient problem later on because it was most likely already dealt with on the first return. And they come with the same warranty as new, so if it goes later on, you can get it corrected.

if i were u i buy it from apple store wit ha student discount beucase when u buy it online u dont have to show any just select what school u go to

thats how im getting my 24" one

and it is 1699 so i save 100 dolar and only 100 more than refrub one and its new so i think for 100 dollar it worth it
  • Reply 3 of 3
    pbg4 dudepbg4 dude Posts: 1,611member
    You might want to check the refurb store as they have 24" iMacs for $1,499 which is 300 off normal list.